Friday 28 October 2011

Halloween looks

The 3 Halloween looks i have chosen are, a skull facepaint, a tiger, and a scary rag doll.

The First look is this skull,
I recreated this look in my character makeup class using the aqua colour face paint palet and face painting brushes and sponges. First i drew around the eyes in black facepaint with a thin face painting brush and filled it in with a larger brush. I then drew on the lines on the cheek bones with a eyeliner pencil and coloured the rest of the face with a sponge using the white facepaint being careful not to smudge any of the black, i then painted over the black pencil lines with the black facepaint and shaded it down with a sponge to blend in with the white. I waited on all the face paints to dry and added on the spider webs, the stitch lines and the rest of the detail with a thin face painting brush. This is my version of the look:



The Tiger

I would recreate this look using aqua colour face paints of grease paints. I would use a white base on the whole face and eyebrows and wait on it to dry, i would then use the light brown paint and blend/fade it into the white where needed. I would use dark brown and light brown to make the tiger print, and use black paint for the nose, lips, dots around the mouth and the shading under the eyes.

Scary rag doll

I would use face paints and grease paints to recreate this look. I would use a white base over the face and lips and let it dry. I would then colour the eyebrows with black paints and draw on the lips and lines and fill the lips in with red. I would shade around the eys with orange grease paints and fade it into the white, i would draw black lines with face paint coming from the eyes out to the edge of the orange colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment